Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sink or Swim...or float

Evenin!  It's like 1:08 in the morning and...well, I guess I shouldn't say "like 1:08" because it IS 1:08.  I just waited until it turned 1:09 so I could say something smarmy about how I was kinda right the first time because now that it's ACTUALLY 1:09, my previous statement of "like" 1:08 was more correct...because 1:09 isn't 1:08.  Don't think about it to much.  Just accept it.  Shhhhhh...

So this is the viewpoint cover from today's (Sunday's) paper.  Actually, it's yesterday's paper now since it's LIKE 1:08 in the a.m.

Anyway, this one's ok I suppose.  The story is about the job market for college grads and the debate as to whether or not it's worth your time, energy and money to work very hard and earn your college degree.  There's no gaurantee you'll get a good job upon graduation and you'll likely have a hefty load of student loans to repay.  Sallie Mae WILL call you when you forget to mail them a check...and by "forget" I mean choose to wait an extra week...not that I know anything about that. 

Anyway again, the answer to that question is YES.  YES, you should get your degree because college changes you.  It betters you and opens you up to new opportunities and experiences.  No, I don't mean keg parties or orgies.  I mean meeting new people and being exposed to new ideas.  Different ideas.  So this illustration shows two extremes of many potential post-college job-getting situations.  Job-getting?  Man, I need sleep.  This post is getting on my nerves.  I'm so tired I'm not spell checking.  Deal.

No comments: