Monday, May 23, 2011

Teu for Tuesday...and by "teu" I mean "two"





It's been a long time since I rock and rolled and maybe even longer since I had back to back illustrations...and by "back to back" I mean "two days in a row".  (Yes, I know I have a problem with overusing "and by something I mean something else" and I abuse the elipsis like it's my own personal, gramattical lackey.  Deal with it.

The Sunday Viewpoint piece was about false (forced) confessions while the Monday M cover was about counting calories and trying not to get fat...like I have been since I discovered the Truly Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookie (TM) at Kroger!  Mmmmmmm.

Enjoy.  (the illustration.  Not the cookies.  Those are mine so keep your damn hands off.)

P.S.  You can probalby tell I was in one of my "cops are dicks" moods.  Apologies to my friends that are cops.  I don't think you're dicks.  I just think all the rest of the cops are dicks.  ;)  (and by me I mean someone other than Shane McDermott)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Awesome artworks :)and this post made me laugh.

Aaron Radney said...

I love these Shane. The confession one is really well done.

Lighthouse Pilot said...

Hey CJ, thanks for stopping in! Is there some place I can see your graphic design work? Do you mind if I ask how you came across my work? I have a Nigerian friend who lives in the Philippines!

Aaron, thanks, sir! I'm pretty fond of the confession one. The police hands didn't turn out as lovely as they did in the sketch, but they're ok. The confessee's hands also seem a little large/disproportionate, but I didn't have time to resize them on deadline.

Anonymous said...

I was just randomly browsing that day, I think? then I saw your blog, and poof! I'm hooked:))

I'm actually trying to make a tumblr account for my sketch-blog- thing, but it's not going so well. I tried to customize the css and my page got screwed up so I'm thinking if I should continue that, or make the site somewhere else:))

Nigerian? Awesome!

Stewbacca said...

Brings back memories our good friend Pablo Shane!